OK, first two chapters... What do I have to cover?

Chapter 1:
  • The main premise, i.e. he and several others are invited up for week at cabin by Don
  • Who Don is and who, in general, the others are
  • Hap's main problem -- losing his apartment
  • Geographical setting: the drive north, cutting off I-5, the strange grassland, Klamath Falls, Bend
  • Action in Bend
Chapter 2:
  • Driving through forest, then fields, then over the Columbia River, then Washington.
  • Wenatchee: picking up Denny. Driving with Denny to Chelan
  • Meeting Seth and Shaun in Chelan. (That leaves Greg and Bart already up there with Don.)
  • Mischief in the small town.
Seems all right. I wonder how much I need to expand most of those before actually writing them. Perhaps I should consider what gets revealed when. That always seems like one of the keys to a book.

Popular posts from this blog

Datamining your Twitter feed