We spent six hours putting together one of the three bookshelves yesterday. We finished at 10:30, both exhausted and sore from squatting, kneeling, bending, and standing up.

Today I would up with only about four hours in which to work; I went home so we could start another bookshelf, perhaps both of the remaining two, at 4:00. But Cris found a damaged piece on one, which meant we could only complete the other. Still, it only took us two and a half hours instead of six.

So because of the bookshelves project, I wound up with only 3350 words for the weekend. I did, however, get over the hump of finally having all the characters present in Don's lodge. It only took me 39,000 words to get there.

Today I wrote a farcical scene in which Greg wrecks a cabin and gets seemingly penalized for it. I introduced Don as a sort of Donald Trump character who likes ordering everyone else to do ridiculous things which, at least at first, they do without question.

By the end I had set up a scene with Denny. Hap's going to ask him to help with the apartment problem. Then maybe we'll get Denny's perspective on one of the other characters.

I'm having fun. I just need more time to work. Fortunately Cris is about to go away for two weekends, from the 4th to the 14th. I'll drive down to Southern California with her and then ride back on the train. That reminds me, I have to buy my train ticket, don't I.

Popular posts from this blog

Datamining your Twitter feed