board the Coast Starlight en route to Oakland.

I was hoping to get some work done on the train, but all around me people are talking, the motion of the train is unpleasant -- unlike the local train which I took from Ventura to Santa Barbara which apparently used new equipment -- and there's no power for my laptop. The noise of people talking is the worst; I can't think well enough to compose. But maybe I can make some notes.

Hap has gone out onto the deck to talk to Denny. I have to find some use for this conversation.

Q: What are some of the things they can talk about?
A: Small talk -- what are they both doing lately -- use this to show moods and attitudes. Of more use -- Hap can ask Denny to buy his building, and Denny can reply with news about what he's doing lately, his wealth, and might hold out some hope that he can fulfill Hap's needs by either buying his building or possibly doing something else even more glorious but vague.

Arrgh, can't think at all.

Popular posts from this blog

Datamining your Twitter feed