Man, really hard to get started today. I wore myself out a little bit yesterday, perhaps.

It's after 3:00 already, and in the three hours I’ve been here at my office at Bob's, all I've done is a little additional cleanup of the reorganization of chapters 10-12. At this point I can either:
  • write the long bit on Hap's marriage to Cara (I did decide to spell it with a C, other notations notwithstanding)

  • or:
  • go on in chapter 12, which is where I am.
I really should do the latter. I think the Cara thing will have to require special circumstances, such as me taking a whole day off work and going to a motel or something.

OK, so onward in chapter 12. They've just eaten dinner and the chickens are about to come home to roost.

I had a moment today when I thought -- maybe it should be Don who gives the "Citizen Kane" speech. But no -- Denny has clearly been established as the person who makes film references.

Note on (c) from December 1 -- "Hap finds himself recruiting Bart despite his resolution not to." What I need to do is make Bart say, on announcing he's going to work for Don, that it was something that Hap said that made him finally decide. Hap is surprised. Bart explains. This leads directly to (d) -- Hap gets credit for it. In Don’s terms that means he’s going to make sure Hap is able to buy his building (though there might be a cavil that "it might be necessary" for Don to buy it actually and then lease it to Hap -- which is not the same thing at all, though Don will represent it as the same thing).

Q: What is that thing that Hap says that moves Bart?

A: Maybe just the suggestion that "it's a risk" (moving to Dreedle, that is) to which Bart replies "I like risks."

Q: So how exactly does Bart announce his decision?

A: I think it should be right after a sex story.

Q: We just had one by Hap -- the voyeurism thing. Will that suffice?

A: Hmm. Not really strong enough.

Q: And yet?

A: It brings up the whole privacy thing. Could make it work.


10 pm -- I had a fairly bad day of work in my office at Bob's. I procrastinated like crazy. I finally managed about 700 words... but I was pretty much where I left off yesterday.

When I got home, however, Cris was reading and she let me work, and I did another thousand words and wrote the climactic scenes that bring the whole software plot to a head. I still have to go back and rewrite chapter 10 for Hap's relationship with Cara. I should do some thinking about that this week so I can get right down to it the next time I can work.

Popular posts from this blog

Datamining your Twitter feed