Second full day in Chicago. I didn't get much done yesterday; I was feeling kind of sleepy. I managed to go through a number of Christy's comments, but I didn't even finish them. Actually, Christy's individual comments are not what I'm concerned about; most of them deal with small issues and are easily dealt with. What I'm concerned about is the rewriting I have to do, and yesterday I didn't do any of it.

One of the scenes that needs reworking is the story about "Cara" in chapter 10. I based it entirely on C___, and I think it's too close to reality. What I have is a French immigrant who wanted to be monogamous and I have put in all the intimate details of her sexuality. I need to change the former so I can keep the latter. It doesn't matter that the character be a French immigrant, what matters are the compelling details of her body and her sexuality. Since I have a few hours free, I'll try doing that now.


7:00 -- I made it all the way through Christy's comments, and I also rewrote the Cara scene so that it's about a Porteño instead of a Parisienne. Now all I need to know is the Porteño equivalent of "Viens, viens!"

A.: If she was from Madrid I'd have no problem telling you.
Me: I know, but..
Together: I've/You've never been to Madrid.
Me: While I have been to Buenos Aires.

Another thing I need to rewrite is the opening scene. Christy said it seemed strange, that the guy would be rushing off while his hot girlfriend is begging him to do it one more time. Just shows she hasn't lived with a guy.

Popular posts from this blog

Datamining your Twitter feed